If you're considering laminate - we've installed at lot of Athletic Training rooms in laminate and they still look great years down the road. We've also installed a few rooms where within a few years the tables seemed to showed a lot of wear and tear.
Much of it boils down to how you, your staff and your athletes/patients treat your equipment. However - there are some distinct differences between the different materials that you should consider as you prepare for your next remodel.
|Hausmann Laminate||Athletic Edge Laminate|
Laminate Tables & Cabinets:
Manufacturers: Hausmann ProTeam & Athletic Edge
- Least expensive option
- Wide variety of laminates to choose from
- When Laminate chips or breaks it’s difficult to repair
- Exposure to Water can cause the laminate to retain water in the particle board
- Short warranty period of 3 years (ProTeam & Athletic Edge)
- Heavier than wood and steel.
|Athletic Edge Wood||Bailey Manufacturing Wood|
Wood Tables & Cabinets:
Manufacturers: Athletic Edge & Bailey Manufacturing
- Longer warranty period of 5 years (Athletic Edge & Bailey)
- More durable than laminate
- Does not retain moisture
- Lighter weight than laminate
- Limited Stain Selection (Walnut, Oak, Cherry)
- Fewer customization options
- 20-25% more expensive than laminate
|Athletic Edge Steel||Impact Steel|
Steel & Aluminum Tables & Cabinets:
Manufacturers: Athletic Edge & Impact Athletic
- Longest warranty period of 5-10 years (Impact Athletic & Athletic Edge)
- Powder coated finish can be touched up with a paint brush
- Highly customizable with colors and logos
- Lighter weight than both steel and aluminum
- Not prone to mold growth
- Durable in wet conditions
- Twice the price of laminate and 40-50% more than wood
In summary, there's always a trade off when you're looking at less expensive tables. We encourage you to think about your setting and what would make the most sense for you.
We stand ready in any event to provide 3D designs and competitive quoting. If you're building a new room or remodeling and old one, please consider Miotech Sports Medicine in your next project.
You can email us at email@example.com or call our office at (517) 272-1940 to setup a free consultation.
Experience, Expertise and Excellent Support.
- Sales and Specials
- Infection Control & PPE
- Ankle & Foot
- Athletic Tape
- Bags, Cases & Kits
- Bandages & Wound Care
- Clinical Supplies
- Emergency Response
- Furniture & Equipment
- Hot & Cold Therapy
- Hydration Products
- Knee & Leg
- Lumbar & Cervical
- Padding & Protective Gear
- Rehabilitation Supplies
- Tools & Instruments
From The Blog
10 Ways you can improve your Sports Medicine Bid results this summer
Athletic Training Room Furniture: Pros and Cons of Laminate vs Wood vs Steel
READ ALL NEWS